“Working Together for Success”
At Boston West our aspiration is to create an inclusive school where everyone-children, parents, staff and governors are all valued and respected as individuals and as part of our team. High expectations and high quality teaching, ultimately lead our children to achieving their potential and becoming active, enthusiastic, lifelong learners.
To do this, the school aims to:
- Provide high quality teaching of an inclusive, creative curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils.
- Make effective use of the outdoor learning environment to promote practical, inspiring learning opportunities across the whole curriculum, which contribute to the holistic development of every child.
- Have high expectations and strive to achieve high standards in relation to pupils’ age and ability.
- Develop a team ethos which encourages all staff and pupils to show care, consideration and respect for others.
- Encourage all pupils to become reflective, independent thinkers, who take responsibility, show initiative and develop self-discipline, along with an ability to work co-operatively with others.
- Develop an active partnership with parents and the local community.
- Provide a high quality learning environment that is safe, stimulating and attractive, whilst reflecting the school’s culture of care –self, each other and environment.
- Develop the knowledge and skills of all staff through a rigorous approach to continuous professional development.
- Ensure the school’s resources are used efficiently and effectively to maximise learning.