Boston West Academy is a member of the CfBT Schools Trust (a multi-academy trust). We share a
vision of being “a collaborative family of schools, inspiring learners to achieve personal and
and academic excellence”.
CfBT Schools’ Trust is both a charity and a company limited by guarantee. CfBT Schools Trust
delegate responsibility for day to day governance of Boston West Academy to its governing body
through an agreed Scheme of Delegation, which can be accessed below, as can a “who’s who” of
the local governing body.
The role of the local governing body is to:-
- set the strategic direction of the school
- articulate the school’s vision and mission
- monitor, challenge and support the headteacher and senior leadership team
- monitor strategic plans and track their progress and
- analyse, observe and question the information it receives to ensure that the school delivers the best possible outcomes for all of our children.
Boston West Academy if funded by the Department of Education, through a funding agreement with
CfBT Schools’ Trust. The school’s budget can be accessed below. Full details of how we use
specific funding for disadvantaged pupils (Pupil Premium) and other funding. such as Sports
Premium can be accessed under our ‘About Us’ tab.